Because card making is my full time job, quite often, on days off, I make sure that I take time out from crafting too. My husband certainly doesn't want to be dragged round the craft shop on our day off!!
But this week, I decided to do a crafty project in my spare time that wasn't card making .....
I made a door stop out of lots of recycled materials I found around the house!
* A4 paper. I made the fabric template out of half a sheet of A4 paper for the large panels, and quarter size of A4 for the smaller panels.
* a table cloth from our wedding; Its a lovely cream/toffee colour, and I had a lot of it so if I made mistakes I could easily use more!
* The gingham are some left over off cuts from a job I did recently when I made jam lids .... There was not a lot left over, so I had to make the hearts different sizes. As it happens, I really like that!
* The buttons are from my Nan's stash- who let me raid it last time I went to visit.
* I used cotton left over from the adjustments made to my wedding dress last year.
* The inside was stuffing from an old pillow my Auntie gave me, and some old chipping stones from the garden that were left over from the previous tenant!!
And best of all, it works. I can now be cooking in the kitchen and have the door propped open!! Hurray!